Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Popcorn



I love popcorn....I mean really love it. I get a craving for it about every other day. But just last night as I was getting ready to indulge my craving, I realized that the popcorn industry has apparently had some communication problems with the microwave manufacturers. If you'll notice on the back of most microwave popcorn bags, you are firmly instructed to NOT use the popcorn button on your microwave. Apparently the microwave industry has not gotten the memo because every microwave I see STILL has that button proudly displayed.

You'd think that the popcorn people would take the time to call the microwave people and either tell them how they could make a better popcorn button, or else enlighten them to the fact that popcorn never obeys time constraints, therefore a set time will not yield the best results, helloooo!!

Maybe that's the point! Sometime long ago, there was a fight between the industries and this is how they annoy each other....hmmm.....I should look into this....

5 comments:

Jamison Faught said...

Maybe you should sue them microwave folks... or the popcorn people... or both. Emotional distress over your popcorn not popping correctly, or something; I'm sure you'd get millions.

Statesman94 said...

especially if you were to cook it too long on the popcorn setting, and then burn your tongue on the overcooked popcorn...I'm sensing a career change is in order for me...

The Blonde said...

re:muskogeepolitico - good idea! I need some extra cash.

re:statesman - soooo, you're thinking of being a lawyer so you can sue??..... ;)

Jessena said...

lol! I can totally see u standing in front of the microwave, looking first at the bag of popcorn, and then the microwave...and then back to the popcorn bag...

Oh what I wouldn't do to capture that moment! :) :) ;)

Anonymous said...

OK then it was worth the wait to get to see your blog!
The DAD...not yours